Monday, August 31, 2009

Ladies, do you feel me?

How many times have you found yourselves being referred to as "baby mama"? I have heard it too many times to even sit here and start counting. I don't completely approve of the title, since it has been a long time since my kids were considered "babies",but ladies it is what it is.

There are a few reasons why your children's father chooses to use the term "baby mama" when talking about you or distinguishing what place you have in his life. Those reasons are as follows.

1. You were NEVER his wife.
2. You were NEVER his girlfriend.
3. You have him on CHILD SUPPORT.
4. Last time he saw your kids, they were babies.
5. He is ghetto.
6. He is a jerk (that song was written about us you know that right?)

Now that we have that out of the way I will get into the reasons for this blog. There are not many places for us to dish and discuss the issues that we have to deal with having absent fathers for our children. We come in many shades and types, and ladies we are the MAJORITY. Why don't we have a meeting place yet?

It's because all of us have that one close girlfriend that we can call to run down that, (yeah I'm going to say it) baby daddy. Is it actual running down though, if it is true? Well we need to cut that one friend a break and share our stories, and have someone to ask questions about what we should do or how to handle some of our "baby mama drama" in our lives. Once we get the drama down to a minimum, I promise you things will get better and run alot smoother.

Sooo, this blog goes out to you guys, all those ladies who are soliders for their children and fight for what they believe in. I am right with you in this war and believe me I have been through the fire.

2 comments:

  1. Now I will agree with you on reasons #1 and #2. Nine times out of ten, you (not literaly, but work with me) Were NEVER the "Wifey" nor the "Girlfriend" I mean lets call a spade a spade...you are baby mamma. (and actually thats a lot nicer word than what I would like to call mine!!) Has nothing to do with being ghetto, nor about the last time we saw our babies...so why is it you don't approve of this title? Is it because in a past lifetime you actually wanted to be #1 or #2? (Again, not YOU per say, but the baby mamma who's offended by that title) Tell you what...I'm going to start a blog for us Baby Daddy's...it's gonna be titled (a song that was written by us and for us) "That baby don't look like me!"

    Love ya!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fine point Sir, your comments here are welcome and appreciated! However, it is the opinion of the author that all 6 options are open to argument. If the "baby mama" was both #1 and #2 at sometime, then the other reasons could come in to play for why he only considers her a "baby mama" instead of the Ex girlfriend that he has a child with, or the Ex wife.

    Again thank you for sharing your comments, and please don't advertise your Male version of my blog here again!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete