Friday, September 4, 2009

Recipe of the month!
















I am excited to say that I finally came up with a solution to share my recipes with my friends and family that live far away. Some of them say they miss eating at my house, awww!

For September I went with my taco salad recipe. My sister's birthday is this month and she lives in Texas where they have the BEST Mexican food! This one is for you honey!

TACO SALAD

What you need:

1 Head of lettuce (any kind that is crisp, I prefer iceberg for Mexican dishes)
1 tomato
1 pack of taco seasoning mix, any brand
1 cup Mexican blend cheeses, or Colby and Monterrey jack blend
1lb ground beef
cooking spray (Pam)
1 pack of flour tortillas, as big as they have (the one I get comes in an 8 pack)
1 pack of hidden valley ranch dressing mix (I use this for my sauce on top)
1cup milk
1cup mayonnaise
1/8 tsp season salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Preparing the ingredients:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Get out your skillet to brown the beef.

Lightly season your beef with the season salt and pepper.

While beef is browning prepare your ranch dressing mix, refrigerate.

Chop your tomato and lettuce.

Once the beef is browned, drain the fat and add the taco seasoning mix and amount of water the package calls for.

Taco salad bowls

Make balls with aluminum foil. The bigger the ball the deeper your bowl will be.
Place the ball on the cookie sheet and lay one tortilla shell over each ball. Spray the tortilla shell with cooking spray (Pam) and form a bowl with your hands by folding the shell around the ball. Place the pan in the oven for about 7 to 10 minutes. Or until crunchy and firm.

Now you can put your salads together, I do it in this order:

Beef
Lettuce
Tomato
Cheese
Ranch

Additional toppings you can use: jalapenos, picante sauce, taco sauce,or green onion for garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment